Visual Essay Audience Strategy

Ana Perez

Prof, McIntosh

ENGL 210

October 22, 2021

Audience Strategy

When deciding who to target, it was a bit challenging. For my opinion editorial, I chose young adults as my main audience, and it was relatively simple due to the article I chose to replicate. Vice creates articles that are for young audiences and easy to read yet informative. For this visual project I chose young adults because in my opinion, young adults were the most impacted during the pandemic. The only difference with other visuals created for young adults ate easy to read and follow, with appealing visuals, however, this one is for a more mature and school-orientated audience. I wanted to make my presentation for more academic purposes, to inform and create a more academic awareness. Statistics is a very helpful tool to convince any group of people, numbers convey a feeling of truth and understanding because they are so clear, as well as graphs. This presentation is also targeted to visual learners, in my opinion, editorial I had just one image to convey what my topic was, however, in this visual, I wanted to add more images so people who are available to comprehend more visually get a chance to do so. 

I believe the genre that would attract my audience would be media because it’s supposed to be informative and educational, yet easy to follow. Media is a new type of genre that is mostly used for teaching and classrooms. This presentation is intended to provide information, it is informative, easy to follow, and full of data to support how covid-19 impacted mental health. I gave background information on covid and its atrocities, I added graphs, data from the CDC and statistics to back up my claim.